Kimpton Hotels and Restaurants will bring Earth Day to new heights with the launch of Kimpton EarthCare Week, April 15-22, 2011, honoring its 30 year commitment to environmental responsibility and care. Kimpton’s Virginia restaurants and hotels will celebrate EarthCare Week in a variety of ways featuring farmers’ market ingredients, nose to tail dining events, a recycled art event, and support of local environmental organizations.
See below for full details on what each of our restaurants, chefs, and hotels in Virginia will do as part of Kimpton’s national EarthCare Week:
- Kimpton’s 11 hotels in the DC region will band together to host Cocktails for Conservation from 5:30 until 7:30 pm on Wednesday, April 20 at Helix Lounge. The festive eco-benefit will feature sustainable cocktails, hors d’oeuvres, and eco-inspired raffle prizes. Tickets are $20 and all proceeds will benefit the Potomac Conservancy and The Trust for Public Land.
- On April 20, Jackson 20 will launch its first courtyard pig party of the season with eco-hour drink specials all night. Think southern-inspired barbeque and a whole roasted eco-friendly pig from Dorsey Farm with traditional fixings like pulled pork shoulder, mahogany barbeque, ribs, smoked corn, corn bread with maple butter, and seasonal fruit pies all for $45 per person.
- Chef Dennis Marron at the Grille at Morrison House will also serve a 100-mile menu candlelight dinner for $60 per person on April 15, 16, and 17.
- On April 22, The Butcher’s Block will host an organic and biodynamic wine tasting featuring a wide selection of grape varietals. This event is free to the public.
- From April 15 – 22, Monaco Alexandria will host a weeklong pop-up art exhibit showcasing over a dozen regional artists and their inspired works made entirely from recycled materials. Inspiration for the artwork ranges from hotel shampoo bottles transformed into a lion’s foot, or a Tide bottle converted into a colorful fish. The event is free and open to the public each evening from 5:00 until 6:00 p.m.
- From April 18 – 22, Chef Paul Healey at Domaso Trattoria will serve an environmentally-friendly three-course dinner for $39 per person with optional sustainable wine pairings available for $20.