Motorists strongly urged to use alternate routes to avoid delays
Weather permitting, the Woodrow Wilson Bridge Project will be conducting the following closures in the Capital Beltway Telegraph Road interchange the week of April 18 for roadway construction. Motorists are advised to seek alternate routes to avoid delays during this work. Detour routes will be posted in the area.
The scheduled closures are as follows:
Northbound Telegraph Road will be closed nightly Mondays through Thursdays beginning April 18 through April 28 from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. the next morning for construction on the bridge over the railroad tracks. The closure will be from the Beltway to Duke Street. There will be no Pershing Avenue access to northbound Telegraph Road. Motorists are advised to seek alternate routes to avoid delays during this work.
Detours are as follows:
- To access the Outer Loop (I-95/495 North): Turn right on Huntington Avenue east to U.S. Route 1 north to the on-ramp to the Outer Loop.
- To access the Inner Loop (I-95/495 South): Take the new ramp to Eisenhower Avenue. Turn left on Eisenhower Avenue to the Eisenhower Connector access to the Inner Loop.
- To access Duke Street and points north: Take the new ramp to Eisenhower Avenue. Turn right on Eisenhower Avenue to the traffic circle. Continue onto Holland Lane to Duke Street.
Monday, April 18 from 9:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.:
- The Capital Beltway Outer Loop (I-95/495 North) exit ramp to N. Kings Highway will be closed during daytime hours.
- DETOUR: Take the exit for Telegraph Road southbound to Farmington Drive, make a u-turn at Farmington Drive to Telegraph Road northbound, then take a right on N. Kings Highway.
Daytime closures of the Telegraph Road northbound and southbound ramps to the Capital Beltway Outer Loop (I-95/495 North) will continue through the end of April. Closures will occur daily from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays, and occasionally on weekends from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Motorists traveling north on Telegraph Road should make a right on eastbound Huntington Avenue to northbound Route 1 to the Capital Beltway Outer Loop. Motorists traveling south on Telegraph Road should take the ramp over Telegraph Road onto Huntington Avenue to northbound Route 1 to the Capital Beltway Outer Loop.
Please use caution when traveling in this area. All construction-related work and dates are subject to change, depending on weather, material and contractor availability or other unforeseen conditions.
For More Information
Go to www.wilsonbridge.com for the latest traffic and project information.