Motorists strongly urged to use alternate routes to avoid delays
Weather permitting, the Woodrow Wilson Bridge Project will be conducting the following Capital Beltway and Telegraph Road area night-time closures the week of June 12. Motorists are advised to seek alternate routes to avoid delays during this work. Variable message signs will be posted in the area with designated detours. The scheduled closures are as follows.
Sunday, June 12 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. the next morning:
- The Telegraph Road North and South on-ramps to the Capital Beltway Outer Loop (I-95/495 North) will be closed for roadway construction.
- Detour: From either northbound or southbound Telegraph Road, take Huntington Avenue East to U.S. Route 1 North to the on-ramp to the Outer Loop.
Monday, June 13 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. the next morning:
- Telegraph Road North will be narrowed to one lane between Farmington Drive and the ramp to Eisenhower Avenue to place light poles.
- The Telegraph Road South ramp to N. Kings Highway will be closed to place light poles.
- Detour: Continue southbound to Farmington Drive and make a U-turn to right on N. Kings Highway.
- The Telegraph Road South and North on-ramps to the Capital Beltway Inner Loop (I-95/495 South) will be closed for paving.
- Detours: For southbound travelers, take the ramp to Huntington Avenue East to U.S. Route 1 North to the on-ramp to the Inner Loop. For northbound travelers, continue on Telegraph Road to Duke Street West to Van Dorn Street South to the on-ramp to the Inner Loop.
Monday, June 13 from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. the next morning:
- The Outer Loop exit ramp to Telegraph Road North and Eisenhower Avenue will be closed for overhead construction.
- Detour: Take the Outer Loop exit ramp to U.S. Route 1 South to Fort Hunt Road. Turn left to return to U.S. Route 1 North. Take the on-ramp to the Inner Loop LOCAL lane and exit to either Telegraph Road North or Pershing Avenue to Eisenhower Avenue.
Please use caution when traveling in this area. All construction-related work and dates are subject to change, depending on weather, material and contractor availability or other unforeseen conditions.
For More Information
Go to www.wilsonbridge.com for the latest traffic and project information.