This looks interesting to say the least. What say you? The Peterson Cos. is pulling out all the stops to make National Harbor a major destination.
To see a compilation of stories on the ‘Capital Wheel’, visit this link.
- Size: 175 Feet Tall (diameter of wheel is 165 feet)
- Visible from the Top of the Observation Wheel: Washington Monument, U.S. Capitol, Alexandria, Prince George’s County
- Number of Climate-Controlled Gondolas: 42 (including 1 VIP Gondola)
- Maximum Number of Passengers: 336 (8 per Gondola)
- Price (estimated): $15 per ride (VIP Gondola will cost more)
- Hours of Operation (estimated): 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., year-round
- Ride Speed: 1.5 rotations per minute
- Lighting: 1.6 million LED lights, fully programmable, with a spectrum of 16.7 million colors
Reminder, if you don’t want to drive to National Harbor or take one of the water taxis, van service is provided to National Harbor from King Street Metro across from our Carlyle/Eisenhower East neighborhood.