This is an update to this post.
In my previous post on this store, I pondered about the need for a second store which was approved by City Council earlier this year.
I now have the answers. Sources tell me the new 7 Eleven store is owned by the same folks who own the John Carlyle Street location and that this store is an expansion/sister store of that location which are approx. less than 1/2 mile from each other . Sources have also confirmed that the store is opening this Monday (6/30).
I agree with our reader John that this makes for a perfect location
Zikrayet makes that spot a great location. Every night, long after everything else is closed, Zikrayet is still completely packed full of people, filling the parking as well as parking down into the storage areas. It’s the most popular place around.
As it stands, at night there is no reason other than 7-Eleven to go to the current location, and people going to Zikrayet may not know it’s there and open, even if they felt like walking.
The inside of the store seems pretty well finished which leads me to believe the store is indeed opening soon.
What do you think?
BTW, here are some facts about 7-Eleven that I personally didn’t know:
- July 11 (7/11) is the official birthday of the 7-Eleven® convenience store chain.
- Of all U.S. retailers, 7-Eleven sells the most … USA Today newspapers, cold beer, cold single-serve bottled water, cold Gatorade, fresh-grilled hot dogs and money orders.
- 7-Eleven was the first retailer to offer fresh-brewed coffee in to-go cups, introducing it in their Northeast stores in 1964. And now is the first retailer to add functional, herbal enhancements to its coffee to go.
- 7-Eleven stores sell almost 26 million gallons of fountain drinks a year – enough to fill 65 Olympic-size swimming pools.
- 7-Eleven sells 41 million gallons of milk each year – enough for lots of milk mustaches! And enough to pour more than two glasses of milk for every man, woman and child in the United States.
- Ho Ho Ho! The day most retailers are closed, 7-Eleven is hopping. Christmas is one of the biggest sales days of the year for the convenience chain.
You can find more fun facts about 7-Eleven at the following link.