For our morning links, while you slept, showered, shaved, and got your Starbucks, we scanned the local papers, blogs, and websites to find the most interesting stories in them you might have missed.
- The lingering heat wave will come to thunderous end this weekend (CWG)
- Athenaeum Banned Books Exchange – going on now! (WaPo)
- Why do many young professionals live in Arlington? Because of their job (ARL Now)
- D.C. Police to start wearing body cameras (Washington Times)
- Virginia man pleads insanity for making threats against the President (WUSA 9)
- This dog ate A LOT of socks (WJLA)
- NFL football returns TONIGHT! Here’s an NFL preview (WTOP)