Be a part of history by serving as a City of Alexandria election officer at the General Election for the United States Senate and House of Representatives on November 4. The Alexandria Electoral Board is looking for civic-minded individuals who are interested in the election process and are available to help all day on Election Day.
Election Officer Requirements
- Registered voter in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Basic computer user skills
- Willing to work from 4:45 a.m. until after the polls close at 7 p.m. and results are tallied. It’s a long day, but it will go fast!
- Ability to adhere to the standards of Integrity, Neutrality, Transparency and Accuracy
- Set up voting equipment and prepare the polling place for voting
- Verify voter registration and check in voters using laptop computers
- Demonstrate the voting process and provide assistance to voters
- Produce election results at the end of the day
- Close the polling place and secure voting equipment and supplies
Election Officers receive $100 for their efforts, but the value of their service is priceless.
How to Apply
For more information or to apply, please choose one of the following options: