A new row of townhomes is coming to Old Town North.
The site consists of two tracts of land that were owned by the City of Alexandria and have now been purchased by Y-12 Investments. The first tract, located at 509 N. Saint Asaph Street, is occupied by the former City of Alexandria Health Department building. This tract consists of seven parcels and an “L”-shaped alley, totaling approximately 28,261 square feet of land. These parcels were assembled in 1949 to construct a new building for the City Health Department.
According to plans, the former Health Department building, located at 509 N. St. Asaph Street in Alexandria, Virginia will be subdivided into nine fee-simple townhouse lots, with free-standing garages for five of the units (Lots 8-12), and basement-level garages for the other four units (Lots 13-16). Renovations to the historic structure include penthouse additions on the north and south wings, and modest additions at the rear of the structure. The 511 Oronoco Street parking lot will be subdivided into seven townhouse lots, each with a free-standing garage.