Welcome to our inaugural retrospective on the most-read posts at Red Brick Town in 2014. We’re looking back over the next day or so at the top 50 posts of 2014. We have HUGE plans for 2015 but first, here’s a chance to revisit what you, our beloved readers, were MOST interested in reading about in 2014.
This first batch from 41-50 has a recap of storm damage throughout the year, flooding pictures were big too as were store openings and closings as well as some Flashbacks and Throwbacks.
Here we go…
50. Storm Damage in the Alexandria Area (Photos) – In 2014, we strived to be THE PLACE to go for local news just like this. How close did we come to having a hurricane pass through Alexandria? Closer than you might think.
49. Flooding in Old Town Alexandria, Virginia This Morning – Photos of flooding were popular in 2014. Check these out from our first attempt at this!
48. Las Tapas Restaurant in Old Town to Become John Strongbow’s Tavern – In 2014, we strived to be the first to tell you about new developments like this happening around Alexandria.
47. 500 Block of King Street in Old Town Alexandria #FlashbackFriday – I wasn’t sure how posts like this would go over but, our readers sure do love history. Thank you readers!
46. Alexandria, Virginia’s Ten (10) Most Expensive Homes on the Market – I wasn’t sure how our beloved readers would respond to this but, respond you did. We’ll post more of this as the list changes in 2015.
45. President Obama Has Lunch at FireFlies Restaurant in Del Ray – This was a follow up post (with video) to an extremely popular post which is higher on the year-end list.
44. Panera Bread Expanding in Alexandria in the Carlyle Neighborhood – As Sweet Fire Donna’s showed, people are craving new things like this in Carlyle.
43. Morning Links: Man Fights Alexandria City Hall Over Archaic Law – Our daily morning links, which will continue in 2015, were popular but, this was one of the most popular of all.
42. What Did North Old Town Look Like in the 1990s? #ThrowbackThursday – Like our Flashback Friday posts, quite a few of our Throwback Thursday posts were quite popular too.
41. Parsian Restaurant to Reopen as OLEA Restaurant in Old Town – Like #48 in this list, posts like this were very popular in 2014. We’ll continue with more in 2015.
Later, we’ll get into the Top 40 where we’ll go back through our coverage of the Old Town Theater, the Bradlee Safeway, Potomac Yard Park, and more. Thank you for being a reader!