For our morning links, we scanned the local papers, blogs, and news websites to find the most interesting stories in them you might have missed.
- Windy at least through today – Some snow showers possible early on, then the Arctic front pushes through briskly and has the winds to show for it. (Capital Weather Gang)
- Improving relations with local Police – More on the recent community forum in Alexandria. (Alexandria Times)
- Alexandria working against a slowdown – Ever wondered why Alexandria is putting high density development near Metro? Here are some answers. (Alexandria Gazette)
- DOT to conduct safety inspection of the Metrorail system – This is separate from the ongoing NTSB investigation. (WUSA 9)
- NTSB holding two-day hearing on Metro Incident – This is part of the ongoing investigation into the January 12’s smoke incident at the L’Enfant Plaza (DCist)
- How often is Metrorail delayed? An interesting infographic has started here (City Paper)
- Anthem customers have been hacked – Health insurer Anthem says someone accessed their system illegally and gained access to tens of millions of records. (WJLA)