For our Sunday roundup, we scanned the local papers, blogs, and news websites to find the most interesting stories in them you might have missed.
- Enjoy the warm weather today but, don’t get used to it – Temperatures may approach 60 in spots today. Showers on Monday bring a return to cooler air, and a few flakes could fly before that storm has passed. (Capital Weather Gang)
- Pentagon City opening on time today – After a power outage closed the mall early on Saturday, things are back to normal and the mall is opening on time Sunday. (WTOP)
- Segregating classes in Alexandria – A proposal for a class-segregated pool at a new housing complex is not sitting well with Alexandria City Council. (Alexandria Gazette)
- Prosecutors seek prison term for Virginia First Lady Maureen McDonnell – Prosecutors looking at an 18 month term for the former First Lady of Virginia. (WJLA)
- Too poor for benefits in Alexandria – New advisory panel tackling healthcare for all. (Alexandria Gazette)
- Local Northern Virginia group up for best Reggae album at the Grammy’s – SOJA’s album, Amid the Noise and Haste, is nominated for a Best Reggae Album Grammy. (WUSA 9)
- ‘Baskerville’ at the Arena Stage reviewed – Should you go see it? (Alexandria Times)