The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for Alexandria, Virginia and the surrounding area until 3:00 AM Monday, March 2. Advisories are issued when traveling conditions are expected to worsen. Looks like we will get a sheet of ice with this storm so be careful out there!
..WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 7 AM THIS
MORNING TO 3 AM EST MONDAY…
* LOCATIONS…WASHINGTON METROPOLITAN AREA AND SOUTHERN MARYLAND.
* HAZARD TYPES…SNOW…SLEET…AND FREEZING RAIN.
* ACCUMULATIONS…A COATING TO 1 INCH OF SNOW AND SLEET ACROSS
WASHINGTON DC AND SOUTHERN MARYLAND. 1 TO 2 INCHES IN THE
NORTHERN AND WESTERN SUBURBS OF WASHINGTON DC. ICE
ACCUMULATION AROUND ONE TENTH OF AN INCH.
* TIMING…SNOW WILL BEGIN BETWEEN 7 AM AND 10 AM THIS MORNING.
SNOW WILL CHANGE TO SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN BETWEEN NOON AND 3
PM THIS AFTERNOON. PRECIPITATION WILL END AS FREEZING RAIN TONIGHT.
* IMPACTS…ROADS WILL BE SNOW AND ICE COVERED TODAY AND TONIGHT.
TRAVELLING WILL BE DIFFICULT WITH REDUCED VISIBILITIES FROM SNOW
AND SLICK ROADWAYS.
* WINDS…SOUTH AROUND 5 TO 10 MPH.
* TEMPERATURES…RISING THROUGH THE 20S MORNING. TEMPERATURES WILL
RISE INTO THE LOWER AND MIDDLE 30S THIS AFTERNOON BEFORE
DROPPING BACK INTO THE LOWER 30S LATE TONIGHT.