For our morning links, we scanned the local papers, blogs, and news websites to find the most interesting stories in them you might have missed.
- Enjoy the sun today because the weekend will be wet – At last, springlike weather has arrived with warmth that seemed so far away last week! But showers sneak in late Friday. (Capital Weather Gang)
- Remembering Alexandria Police Officers who lost their lives – With the dedication of the Fallen Officers Memorial coming up soon, Jay Roberts has a look at some APD markers you can find around Alexandria (Jaybird’s Jottings)
- Major potholes on the GW Parkway – Repairs were underway on the George Washington Parkway early Wednesday morning after multiple potholes wreaked havoc on a number of cars. (WJLA)
- Rock & Roll Marathon disrupting D.C. traffic on Saturday – Drivers are hereby warned if you are thinking about driving into D.C. on Saturday. (Dr. Gridlock)
- Dominion helping Virginians pay their energy bills – Dominion Virginia Power says it is contributing $1 million to a program to help customers struggling to pay high heating bills brought on by recent frigid temperatures. (WTOP)
- Can neighborhood data help you in buying or selling a home? Good analysis here on how neighborhood data can help you in your real estate choices. (Where We Live)
- Shipping via Bikes? It may sound a little far-fetched but, its not out of the realm of possibility. (FleetOwner)