For our Saturday roundup, we scanned the local papers, blogs, and local news websites to find the most interesting stories in them you might have missed.
- It’s rainy today and sunny and breezy tomorrow – It’s a rainy one much of today, but we just might be able to salvage the evening. Sunshine returns tomorrow along with a gusty wind. (Capital Weather Gang)
- Traffic and transit tip for this weekend in the DMV – The District’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade is Sunday, but the big travel disruptor is Saturday’s Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon. (Dr. Gridlock)
- New movie reviews – ‘Cinderella,’ ‘Run All Night’ and other new movies, reviewed (Going Out Guide)
- T.C. Williams High School mourns loss of student – Great reporting as usual here from WJLA’s Jeff Goldberg (WJLA)
- Alexandria Planning Commission approves new ODBC property – Members of the Planning Commission and the Old Dominion Boat Club agreed last week’s meeting marked an end to the dark chapter of waterfront litigation and the beginning of a new era along the city’s waterfront. (Alexandria Times)
- Inside the NoVA Police Academy – Local police officers, deputy sheriffs gain perspective at the Northern Virginia Criminal Justice Training Academy. (Alexandria Gazette)
- Beware tax identity theft – Good list of things to watch out for here. (Alexandria Times)