For our morning links, we scanned the local papers, blogs, and news websites to find the most interesting stories in them you might have missed.
- Enjoy today because here comes the first batch of April showers – After today’s near perfection, showers and storms threaten Tuesday and it turns cooler and dreary for Wednesday and Thursday. (Capital Weather Gang)
- Are there quick fixes for the Warwick Village pool? There could be a couple of cruel summers ahead for residents of the Warwick, Arlandria and Lynhaven neighborhoods as they wait for a new pool to be built. City council has allocated funding to replace the aging pool, but under current plans, construction isn’t due to begin until the summer of 2016. (Alexandria Times)
- Potomac Yard Metrorail Station impact – The recently released Draft Environmental Impact Statement details Potomac Yard Metro impact on parks and neighbors. (Alexandria Gazette)
- Is Metroway a waste of taxpayer $? This opinion writer thinks so. (Alexandria Times)
- D.C. baseball is back in 2015 as it is Opening Day for the Washington Nationals – As the season starts, shortstop Ian Desmond and the rest of the Washington Nationals are a popular pick by Sports Illustrated and other to win their first World Series in what some think could be the current core’s last hurrah. Their focus is much narrower at the moment.(WJLA)
- User’s guide to Opening Day 2015 – Good compilation of resources here for you. (WTOP)
- 110 foot tree falls on local Northern Virginia house – Officials said a 110-foot tree fell on a home in the 6500 block of Greenview Lane in Springfield, Virginia. (NBC Washington)