Wednesday, April 15, 2015
Your plans for today in Alexandria, Virginia include these events:
- Book signing in Alexandria – A local Alexandria resident has a new book out and there’s a book signing in Old Town. Click this link for details.
- Story time @ The Alexandria Library – See calendar for times and branch locations.
- Winesday at Whole Foods Market Old Town – Each Wednesday from 5-7pm we will be featuring better wines and better food to create better event for Alexandria. After careful review and feedback we have decided to upgrade winesday to feature more expensive wines. Although 2 oz portions will still be poured, the price and quality of the wine is higher. We will feature more local products and organic ingredients. The price of Winesday as of December 31st 2014 will be $10 and if you bring your glass with you, you will save $2. We hope you enjoy our new take on Winesday!
- Happy Hour specials – See calendar for times and locations.
- Abraham Lincoln: And now He Belongs to the Ages – On April 15th, the 150th anniversary of Abraham Lincoln’s death the Lyles-Crouch After School Theater proudly presents a play by Debra Kay Robinson Lindsay and Ronald A. Lindsay that chronicles the final two weeks of Abraham Lincoln’s life. A special presentation of The Gettysburg Address will be performed by a local celebrity. There will be a reception following the evening performance.
- FREE Income Tax Preparation Assistance – Volunteer tax preparers will assist qualifying residents complete their 2014 income tax forms. First come, first served. Spanish-speakin
g volunteers will be available.
- Transportation Commission Monthly Meeting – Regular monthly meeting at City Hall