For Rule 5 Friday, we scanned the local Alexandria, Virginia area blogs to find the most interesting stories in them you might have missed. Please show our fellow local bloggers some link love! For a list of our favorite local blogs, click this link.
- As Billy Crystal would say, this weekend looks mahvelous – Once any showers and storms move out tonight, we can then focus on Saturday as the gem of the weekend! Sunday is more iffy. (Capital Weather Gang)
- Princess for a Night (PFAN) accepting dress donations – The Princess For a Night (PFAN) project is collecting dry-cleaned formal dresses, shoes, handbags, jewelry, unused make-up and “nice” shopping bags so young ladies across the region can attend prom without breaking the bank. (Alexandria Mom)
- Ten things to do in the Washington, DC area THIS weekend – Watch the Caps in the Stanley Cup playoffs, catch a flick at Filmfest DC, celebrate Earth Day and take a free hike. (Going Out Guide)
- 8 Reasons to partake in Dining Out for Life next week – Can you imagine if every time you went out to dinner you knew a portion, if not all, of the proceeds was going toward a good cause? On April 23, this is exactly what will happen when Dine Out for Life returns to more than 90 restaurants throughout the Washington, DC area. (In a DC Minute)
- The Alexandria Blue Boy is reviewed – A new book about an Alexandria resident. (Jay Bird’s Jottings)
- Fallot Mustard Tasting @ La Cuisine in Old Town THIS weekend – If you have fallen in love with your earlier choices of Fallot Mustards, this is your chance to taste a couple of new ones at a 20% discount. Today we will have their Provencal Mustard and Honey Balsamic Mustard open for tasting. (OTBD Blog)
- Eight spring classes starting late @ The Art League – These eight classes have new start dates (mostly moved back) and there’s still time to join them! (The Art League blog)