For our Sunday Roundup, we scanned the local papers, blogs, and news websites in the Alexandria area to find the most interesting stories in them you might have missed.
- Yesterday was AWESOME. Today is cooler with showers possible – Today is not a total loss as we stay dry for the better part of the day. But a heavy soaking is likely tonight. (Capital Weather Gang)
- Planning Commission oks Robinson Terminal South – Members of the city planning commission voted unanimously to approve plans to redevelop Robinson Terminal South into a mix of residential units, a hotel and commercial retail space last week, although some residents remain unsure on the project. (Alexandria Times)
- Alexandria Residents divided over Robinson Terminal South impact – While earlier meetings on the Robinson Terminal South Development tended to primarily pit local citizens against city staff and representatives from EYA, the developer, the proposal of four special use permits for the development drew a mix of reactions at the April 9 Planning Commission Special Public Hearing. (Alexandria Gazette)
- Renderings released for new Old Dominion Boat Club in Old Town – Check these out! (Old Town Post)
- Cleaning up Old Town North’s shuttered power plant – The planned cleanup of two leaking underground oil storage tanks at the former GenOn coal-fired power plant in North Old Town reached a vital stage last month as the proposed Corrective Action Plan was approved with some additional requirements and clarifications requested by the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality. (Alexandria Times)
- Class action lawsuit filed against Virginia Express Lanes operator – A class action lawsuit has been filed against Transurban, the organization that runs the Virginia Express Lanes. (WUSA 9)
- When will there be FULL coverage in Metro tunnels for first responders? Not for quite a while (WAMU)