Wednesday, April 29, 2015
Your plans for today (April 29, 2015) in Alexandria, Virginia include these events:
- Moroccan Artisans Festival in Market Square Celebration of Moroccan culture with a multi-day festival featuring vendor sales, food, music and entertainment. Last day!!
- Robust WalkaThon in Ben Brenman Park Style of exercise that combines aerobic walking with calisthenics for strength and flexibility. This event will also raise funds for the Successful Aging Committee. Participants will alternate walking with exercise stations on the walking trail around the lake.
- Story time @ The Alexandria Library See calendar for times and branch locations.
- Happy Hours in Alexandria See calendar for times and locations for food and drink specials.
- Old Town Area Parking Study Work Group The Old Town Area Parking Study (OTAPS) Work Group has reconvened to continue reviewing and making recommendations on parking management in the Old Town area.
- Winesday @ Whole Foods Market Winesday has been upgraded and recreated. Each Wednesday from 5-7pm we will be featuring better wines and better food to create better event for Alexandria. After careful review and feedback we have decided to upgrade winesday to feature more expensive wines. Although 2 oz portions will still be poured, the price and quality of the wine is higher. We will feature more local products and organic ingredients. The price of Winesday as of December 31st 2014 will be $10 and if you bring your glass with you, you will save $2. We hope you enjoy our new take on Winesday!
- Lego Night @ Beatley Central Library For kids of all ages. Bring the whole family for an evening of creative play with legos! Just bring your imagination, we have the legos!