Your plans for this weekend (May 15-17, 2015) in Alexandria, Virginia include these events:
Friday, May 15, 2015
- Spring for Alexandria In partnership with the City of Alexandria, Spring for Alexandria 2015 is Volunteer Alexandria’s Community Service Day. Hundreds of volunteers will perform community service at nonprofit and city agencies throughout the city.
- Happy Hours in Alexandria, Virginia See calendar for times and locations for food and drink specials.
- Iris Dement @ The Birchmere See this link for tickets and more information.
Saturday, May 16, 2015
- Farmers’ Markets in Alexandria, Virginia See calendar for times and locations around the City of Alexandria, Virginia.
- Samuel Tucker Elementary 5K Samuel Tucker Elementary PTA will host a 5K run to promote and foster healthy active lives.
- Attics & Alleys Tours Tours begin at 9 a.m. and ends around noon. Choose from starting at the Lee-Fendall House (614 Oronoco Street) or Gadsby’s Tavern Museum (134 N. Royal Street). Tour includes stairs, access to confined spaces, and walking over many city blocks, including through alleys. Walking shoes required; tour will be held rain or shine. Photography welcome.
- City Council Public Hearing
- Soldier-led tours of Fort Ward Park Tours of the historic fort led by an interpreter in Union uniform highlight the history of Fort Ward and army life in the Defenses of Washington.
- Relay for Life @ GW Middle School A community event to walk and raise funds for cancer research. This event also honors survivors of this disease. Sponsored by the American Cancer Society.
- Cinema Del Ray Community Movie Night where attendees sit and enjoy family movies. This event will take place on the recreation field.
- Ian Tyson @
Hey @redbricktown, we’re having a huge neighborhood yard sale this weekend. Pass the word! Starts at 7am, any and all welcome.
— Jefferson Manor (@JMCA22303) May 15, 2015
Sunday, May 17, 2015
- Four Mile Run Farmers & Artisans Market Concert Four Mile Run Farmers & Artisans Market Concert Series featuring Ian Kraft.
- Mattie Miracle Walk @ St. Stephens This is a fundraiser to raise awareness for childhood cancer. This will be the 6th annual walk and family festival to be held on the upper school campus of St. Stephen’s and St. Agnes School. Located at 1000 St. Stephen’s Road.
- St. Mary’s Spring Fling St. Mary’s School will host this end-of-year festival for the community. It will include fun events for kids such as carnival rides,games,cra
fts,entertainme nt,book sale, bake sale and food. The school is located at 400 Green St. Alexandria Virginia 22314.
- King Street Bluegrass @ Beatley Library Enjoy the music of the Appalachians with a performance from King Street Bluegrass. Located in the Large Meeting Room.
- Tea with Martha Washington – Scout Event Ever wonder how the first First Lady entertained her guests? What is the proper way to hold a teacup with no handles? Here is your chance to experience history with Martha Washington as she discusses 18th century tea customs as well as clothing of the period. 18th century tea includes the museum’s special blend of tea, pound cake, dried fruit, and assortment of cookies. Party attire requested. Program time is 3:00 – 4:30pm and the cost is $25 per person. Special group price of $20 for reservations of 6 or more. Girl Scout groups welcome, special activity patch available.