Wednesday, June 17, 2015
Your plans for today (June 17 2015) in Alexandria, Virginia include these events:
- USPTO Farmers’ Market The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) is sponsoring an onsite Farmers Market, available 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM every Wednesday from NOW – Oct. 31 outside the Roundhouse Cafe (ground floor of the Madison Building). Products will include vegetables and fruits grown locally as well as some organic items, which may vary depending on the vendor’s availability and seasonal influences. Wholesale case prices will be available, if desired.
- Story time at the Alexandria Library See the calendar for times and branch locations around the City.
- WDC workshop on completing employment applications This workshop will demonstrate why it is important to complete all questions on a job application.
- Book club @ Burke Branch Library This program is held on the third Wednesday of each month at 2 pm at the Burke Branch Library. Join us as we read and discuss “The 100 Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared” by Jonas Jonasson . For more information, call the Burke Branch Library at 703-746-1771.
- Happy Hour(s) in Alexandria See calendar for times and locations around the City.
- ACPS Retirement Ceremony Location: Minnie Howard Campus – 4:45 p.m. to 5:15 p.m. Reception 5:30 p.m. Program/Present
ation of Awards
- Paws to Read at Burke Branch Library Read to a furry friend on the third Wednesday of every month! Call 703-746-1773 to register for a 15 min slot. Grades 1-6 only.
- Scott Fallon @ John Strongbow’s Tavern Scott Fallon is an Alexandria, VA, native and has been a performing musician for over 25 years. His solo acoustic performance is a diverse mix of rock, blues, and country covers along with original material. Scott’s performance style is entertaining as well as engaging. He is well respected within the local music scene.
- Transportation Commission Transportation Commission Monthly Meeting
- Alexandria Aces at River Dogs The Aces (4-6) will travel to Vienna tonight to face the River Dogs (5-5) in a Cal Ripken South battle.