Thursday, June 18, 2015
Your plans for today (June 18 2015) in Alexandria, Virginia include these events:
- 5th grade promotion ceremonies Congrats to all the graduating 5th graders!
- T.C. Williams Football Team Fundraiser TODAY @ Fairlington Pizza. Mention you are there to support TC Williams Football and the booster club will receive 10-20% of your order.
- BB & T Bank Hiring Event Full-Time/Part-
Time Positions Available for Relationship Bankers and Bank Tellers.
- Ace the Interview Workshop This workshop offers information on current interviewing processes and practices. Participants will learn how to answer the most common and important interview questions through interactive, hands-on exercises.
- King Street Station Farmers’ Market The King Street Station Farmers Market is back in 2015 on Thursdays this year from May 21 through September. The market runs from 3:00 PM to 7:00 PM. The market will have 10-12 vendors with an emphasis on local, freshly harvested foods and baked goods. Bakers, free range meats, eggs, Amish cheese, cookies and more…. Pick something up for dinner on your way home! The site for the market is located at 1755 Duke street – the hotel/office complex called “King St Station” (see below). This is a terrific commercial-comm
unity partnership. The market will be in the lovely fountain courtyard – easy landmark is Embassy Suites hotel on Diagonal Street – directly across from the Metro. And, 30 minutes of free underground parking for patrons!
- ‘Heels & Wheels’ at Land Rover Alexandria Join the Alexandria Chamber of Commerce Professional Women’s Network for an automotive educational event including automotive information, games & fun activities, featuring a NASCAR simulator and racer.
- A Jazzy June Concert @ Carlyle House June is African-America
n Music Appreciation month, and Carlyle House and Alexandria’s Black History Museum will be co-hosting talented local artists to celebrate the roots of this music! Join us for two concerts on the Magnolia Terrace in the gardens of Carlyle House for “A Jazzy June!” On Thursday, June 18th from 6-8pm, DuPont Brass, a local group from Howard University will be performing. This energetic and youthful group of musicians is self-described as “a new, innovative brass band.” The concert on the 18th takes place on the eve of “Juneteenth,” one of the oldest celebrations commemorating the end of slavery in the United States.
- James Stevens LIVE at John Strongbow’s Tavern John Strongbow’s Tavern, 710 King Street, Alexandria, VA
- Music at Twilight Concert @ John Carlyle Square Park City concert series with a performance by E & Me featuring Jazz. Feel free to bring chairs or a blanket and a picnic supper.
- Not So Modern Jazz Band LIVE at St. Elmo’s St. Elmo’s Coffee Pub, 2300 Mt. Vernon Avenue, Alexandria, VA