Thursday, July 16, 2015
Your plans for today (July 16, 2015) in Alexandria, Virginia include these events:
- FREE DASH Bus to the Old Town Pool Local Alexandria, Virginia kids can take the FREE Pool DASH AT10 Bus on weekdays between 9:30 AM and 3:30 PM, and on weekends between 11:00 AM and 7:00 PM.
- Where’s Waldo in Alexandria? Hooray for Books! in Old Town Alexandria, Virginia is sponsoring a ‘Where’s Waldo?’ scavenger hunt all throughout the month of July.
- Grown-ups art camp at Del Ray Artisans Grown-Ups Art Camp – 37 workshops & events at Del Ray Artisans (Continues through July 17, 2015) in Alexandria, Virginia.
- LIVE Music Week (July 10-19) Day 7 of LIVE Music Week is here! See who’s playing where TODAY at this link.
July 16, 2015
- The Glimpses performing at Stomp Del Ray Come on out for a very delicious evening in the heart of Del Ray at the fantastic new neighborhood gathering spot, Stomping Ground! It’s a good ‘ole low country boil, featuring seafood, biscuits, and beer! The Glimpses will be playing sets throughout the evening.
- Blockbuster Thursdays at Beatley Library Join Beatley Central Library in Alexandria during Blockbuster Thursdays for screenings of recent hit movies.
- Project Play at Durant Rec Center Come to learn more about Project Play, sign up to volunteer for “Community at Play,” share creative ideas, and get to know other fun volunteers!
- Alexandria Chamber of Commerce Business After Hours Join the Chamber for an evening of light refreshments, fun and networking with other business professionals at our monthly Business After Hours event. Bring lots of business cards! July’s After Hours event will be held at Topgolf! Join us for mini golf, access to the driving range, and fabulous food and drinks in the outdoor lounge. Don’t miss the opportunity to practice your swing! Members $10 | Non-Members $25 | Members at the Door $25
- King Street Station Farmers’ Market The King Street Station Farmers Market is back in 2015 on Thursdays this year from May 21 through September. The market runs from 3:00 PM to 7:00 PM. The market will have 10-12 vendors with an emphasis on local, freshly harvested foods and baked goods. Bakers, free range meats, eggs, Amish cheese, cookies and more…. Pick something up for dinner on your way home! The site for the market is located at 1755 Duke street – the hotel/office complex called “King St Station” (see below). This is a terrific commercial-comm
unity partnership. The market will be in the lovely fountain courtyard – easy landmark is Embassy Suites hotel on Diagonal Street – directly across from the Metro. And, 30 minutes of free underground parking for patrons!