Saturday, August 22, 2015
To see more events in Alexandria, Virginia, click this link. To get your event added to our calendar, click this link (COST: $10).
Your plans for today (August 22, 2015) in Alexandria, Virginia include these events:
- FREE movie on Alexandria’s waterfront This summer, the public is invited to attend Wednesday & Saturday outdoor movies on a three-story high movie screen under the stars at City parks in Alexandria, Virginia. All movies begin at approximately 8:30 PM (at dusk). Admission is FREE.
- Summer Restaurant Week continues! For 10 days and two weekends, more than 60 Alexandria restaurants offer a $35 three-course dinner OR a $35 dinner for two during Alexandria Summer Restaurant Week, August 21-30, 2015. More than two dozen restaurants are also offering lunch deals at $10, $15 or $20 per person in addition to the dinner specials.
- Farmers’ Markets in Alexandria See the calendar for times and locations for farmers’ markets around the City.
- ‘Donation Day’ at The Twig Thrift Shop Drop off curbside your gently used clothing, books and small housewares during “Donation Day” at The Twig Thrift Shop in Alexandria, Virginia and receive a tax receipt. Your donations are tax deductible.
- Special Family Tours at Gadsby’s Tavern Family Tours, led by Junior Docents grades 4-7, will be offered every Saturday from 10am to 1pm at Gadsby’s Tavern Museum June 27 through Labor Day weekend.
- Saturday stories at Beatley Library Perfect for kids 0-5 with an adult. Stories, songs, and lots of fun for the whole family! Join us every Saturday morning at Beatley Central Library. No tickets required.
- LIVE music at La Tasca Old Town La Tasca in Old Town Alexandria, Virginia has a LIVE band each Saturday night at 9:00 PM that features Modern Latin Pop & Rock.