Metrobus is planning a number of detours, service changes, and some additional service when Pope Francis comes to Washington, DC from the afternoon of Tuesday, September 22 until the late afternoon of Thursday, September 24. While many service adjustments will be in place, Metrobus plans to operate a regular weekday schedule for passengers on all three days.
- N-Line service impact along Massachusetts Avenue NW, September 22-24
- Shortened Metrobus routes, Wednesday, September 23 & Thursday, September 24
- Service impacts/alternates at Brookland and surrounding areas on Wednesday, September 23
- Route impacts around U.S. Capitol on Thursday, September 24
- General detours for routes in Downtown DC, September 23-24 (to be posted soon)
Passengers should be prepared for longer waits, increased trip times and limited Next Bus predictions online due to route detours.
The best advice is for Metrobus customers to transfer to Metrorail at your first opportunity. Free Metrobus-to-Metrorail transfers will be available (ask Bus Operator for transfer, present to Station Manager upon entering).
(Photo by Tony Webster, on Flickr)