The City of Alexandria seeks nominations for the Potomac Yard Metrorail Implementation Work Group (PYMIG), whose membership was expanded by City Council on September 29. PYMIG will serve as the primary forum for the public outreach process throughout the duration of the project.
The responsibilities of the work group include:
- Reviewing and providing input on Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) documents;
- Providing input on the project design;
- Receiving updates on funding issues related to the new Metrorail station; and
- Facilitating discussion of construction mitigation for community impact before and during construction.
The next PYMIG meeting will take place on Wednesday, October 28, from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM, at Charles Houston Recreation Center, located at 901 Wythe Street in Alexandria. Regular meetings will continue through the station’s opening, at which point the PYMIG will retire.
The Stakeholder Group will be comprised of 11 members appointed by the Mayor, including four new membership positions:
- One community representative from the neighborhoods east of the CSX tracks within the Potomac Yard Small Area Plan area;
- One community representative from west of the CSX tracks within the Potomac Yard Small Area Plan area;
- One at-large business representative with an interest in the project; and
- One at-large community representative with an interest in the project.
All applicants must complete and submit a brief application form (PDF) to the Department of Transportation & Environmental Services. Applications must be submitted no later than 5:00 PM on Friday, October 9. Submissions received after this deadline will not be considered.
For more information about the Potomac Yard Metrorail Station project, visit this link.