The City of Alexandria would like to provide some helpful hints to homeowners, contractors, and businesses to secure construction sites of all types throughout the Alexandria, Virginia.
Everyone is urged to take all precautionary measures including but not limited to the following:
- Tie down and secure material and loose debris at construction sites.
- Cover electrical equipment from exposure to the weather.
- Store loose tools, oil cans and extra fuses in a tool box.
- Secure netting, scaffolding and sidewalk sheds.
- Secure hazardous Material Storage areas.
- Brace and secure construction fences.
- Erosion and sediment control measures are inspected to ensure integrity.
- Storm water basins are cleared of all large debris.
- Call 9-1-1 if there is an emergency on a construction site.