Low-Price Grocery Leader ALDI Brings New Jobs to Alexandria Area
Local Hiring Events in November
As part of its ongoing growth in the Alexandria, Virginia area, ALDI will host the first of two hiring events in November 2015, bringing new jobs to Alexandria and Springfield.
Known for offering wages and benefits that are higher than the national average for the retail industry, ALDI, the nation’s low-price grocery leader, will host two hiring events for its Alexandria and Springfield area stores on Thursday, Nov. 5 and Thursday, Nov. 19. Opportunities within ALDI include Store Associate and Manager Trainee positions.
The hiring events are in support of the ongoing growth of ALDI in the area, offering customers the ALDI brand promise of high-quality grocery items at impossibly low prices.
The hiring events will be held at the Courtyard by Marriott – Alexandria Pentagon South, located at 4641 Kenmore Avenue in Alexandria from 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM on Thursday, November 5 and Thursday, November 19.
- Store Associate – $12.00 per hour
- Manager Trainee – $53,000 per year with an opportunity to earn $53,000 to $75,000 year ($25.00 per hour averaging 45hrs/week)
- Must be 18 years or older to apply
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be available to work anytime between 6 a.m. and 11 p.m., Monday – Sunday
- Retail experience preferred
- Management experience preferred for Manager Trainees
- Drug screening and background check
- Ability to lift 45 pounds
- ALDI offers employees generous wages and benefits that are higher than the national average for the retail industry
- Employees averaging more than 25 hours a week are eligible for full health insurance benefits and dental coverage
- All employees are invited to participate in the 401(k) program
(Photo by Mike Mozart, on Flickr)