The City of Alexandria is hosting the 45th Annual Scottish Christmas Walk TOMORROW (Saturday, December 5) in Historic Old Town Alexandria, beginning at 11 a.m.
As a result of the Christmas Walk, the following streets will be closed from approximately 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.:
- 100 to 400 blocks of South St. Asaph St.
- 100 and 200 blocks of North St. Asaph St.
- 300 to 500 blocks of Queen St.
- 100 and 200 blocks of North Fairfax St.
- 300 and 400 blocks of King Street
Streets adjacent to the parade route listed above will be closed until the Christmas Walk parade passes. You can find a map of the parade route at this link (PDF).
The public is encouraged to take public transit or walk to the event. Visitors to Old Town can take the Metrorail to the King Street station, and take the free King Street Trolley to the event.
(Photo via Mr T in DC, on Flickr)