While I have not always agreed with Bill on some his decisions on community issues, Bill Euille has quite a slate of accomplishments as Mayor.
- Protecting the City’s double AAA Bond Rating for 12 consecutive years
- Closing the GenOn Power Plant in North Old Town
- The Waterfront Redevelopment Plan
- Alexandria as an Arts Destination
- Metro Station at Potomac Yard
- Protecting our environment
- Affordable Housing above the Fire Station in Potomac Yard
- High quality of life and public safety (very low crime rates)
- Bringing the USPTO and NSF (National Science Foundation) to the city with high tech and jobs
- Redevelopment of Landmark Mall
- Upgrading our Public Housing stock and continuing to ensure for our social, racial and economic diversity
Mayor Euille is a native of Alexandria, Virginia and graduated from T.C. Williams High School. He was first elected to public office in 1974 on the Alexandria School Board and lost his recent write in bid to remain at the helm of the City he clearly loves.
The Alexandria City Council-elect along with Mayor-elect Allison Silberberg will be sworn into office on Monday, January 4, 2016 during the City Council Installation Ceremony at 7:00 PM at the T. C. Williams High School Auditorium.
Mayor Euille’s presence at the helm of the city he so clearly adores will be missed. We wish him the best as he steps away from the public eye. At the same time, we welcome new Mayor Allison Silberberg and wish her every success in the office.