On January 9th, 2016, Concerns of Police Survivors, Inc. (C.O.P.S.) and partnering organizations are uniting in support of law enforcement officers nationwide to promote National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day (L.E.A.D.).
What can you do to show your support?
- See a police officer? Thank a police officer
- Wear blue clothing in support of law enforcement
- Send a card of support to your local police department or state agency
- Share a positive story about a positive law enforcement experience on social media
- Ask children in your community write letters in support of law enforcement
- Participate in Project Blue Light. Proudly display your blue light in support of law enforcement.
- Organize an event or a rally in support of your law enforcement officers
- Advertise your support through local media outlets/billboards
- Post the public service announcement supplied by C.O.P.S. (video above) to your law enforcement’s webpage or social media pages.
- You can change your profile picture on social media to this one provided by C.O.P.S.