BLACKWALL HITCH SPRING SUMMER MENU INTRODUCED
Executive Chef Mike Wagner has introduced the spring-summer menu for Old Town Alexandria’s Blackwall Hitch.
“Blackwall Hitch’s menu draws upon classic American techniques that are regionally and seasonally inspired” said Wagner, “and the new menu includes seasonal interpretations and classic staples from starters to desserts and everything in between.”
Among the new menu offerings:
- Lemongrass Shrimp Noodle Salad: lemongrass marinated grilled shrimp, vermicelli noodles, kale, carrots, bean sprouts accented with jalapeno, cilantro and roasted Virginia peanuts $17
- French Fry Flight: a trio of fries ? rosemary, parmesan and garlic with parsley and Old Bay seasoned fries served with house-made dipping sauces $12
- FLAMING SAGNAKI: the most dramatic addition to the menu ? Kefalograviera cheese flambéed tableside with brandy and lemon, served with pita bread $16
- Crispy Soft Shell Crab Sandwich: Blackwall Hitch’s version of this Chesapeake classic ? Old Bay dusted soft shell crab, yellow tomato, arugula, cherry pepper remoulade on a brioche roll. Market price
- Striped Bass: pan seared striped bass with a chayote squash salad and lime butter sauce. $30
- Monkey Bread: Sticky, gooey and cinnamon sweet for the perfect ending $9
Blackwall Hitch, overlooking the Potomac River, has walls of windows to bring the outside in with breathtaking views from all angles. Accommodating 315 seats inside, the two level restaurant has expansive outdoor seating for 105.
Taking advantage of its riverfront location, Blackwall Hitch offers two patios with fire pits overlooking the water, one with a separate bar.
(Courtesy photos via Blackwall Hitch)