American Diabetes Association ® plans day-long activities for annual event
The American Diabetes Association (Association), the nation’s leading voluntary health organization committed to advancing the research, prevention, care and treatment of diabetes, is proud to announce its second annual National Get Fit Don’t Sit Day, May 4, 2016. On this Wellness Day, the Association encourages everyone to get up and get moving at least once every 90 minutes throughout the work day to limit the amount of time they spend sitting down, and to lower their risk of type 2 diabetes and other obesity-related illnesses.
The Association has a free, downloadable e-toolkit to enable any company or organization to incorporate the principles and activities of National Get Fit Don’t Sit Day into the workday on May 4 and beyond. The e-toolkit includes:
- 10 Steps for Success;
- activation ideas for any workplace or organization;
- talking points for your Executive Champion;
- email templates;
- social media messages and images;
- stickers and posters;
- press release template;
- tip sheets;
- animated GIFs of workplace exercises;
- handout with desk workouts; and
- infographic about the dangers of too much sitting.