Here are the top five posts about Alexandria, Virginia neighborhood news here on Red Brick Town in the past week (May 23-30, 2016). The list runs from #5 to #1. If you have neighborhood news to share, you are free to use our forums or you can send an email.
- New Mediterranean Grill opens in Del Ray/Potomac Yard Fast-casual Mediterranean food lovers take note as Chickpea Mediterranean Grill opened its doors earlier this month at 529 E. Howell Ave in Alexandria, Virginia. (Link)
- Local Alexandria, Virginia Mom needs your help A local family in Alexandria, Virginia has suffered an unimaginable loss recently and are reaching out to their neighbors in Alexandria. (Link)
- Alexandria restaurant named to best ‘Cheap Eats’ list Washingtonian combed the Washington D.C. area for the best places to eat for less than $25 per person as part of its May issue. The magazine’s food critics named a Cameron Station neighborhood Indian restaurant London Curry House to its 44 best places to eat in a large group. (Link)
- House fire in the Del Ray neighborhood of Alexandria, Virginia The Alexandria Fire Department responded to a 3 alarm house fire in the 100 block of E. Howell Avenue at approximately 6:45 pm Friday evening in the Del Ray neighborhood of Alexandria, Virginia. (Link)
- Del Ray neighbors need help after tragedy Pete and Molly, two of the Del Ray residents who lost everything in Friday night’s fire, put up a GoFundMe page hoping to get some assistance from the neighbors after Friday night’s terrible tragedy. (Link)