Pre-Demolition Public Meeting on Activities at Robinson Landing
2 and 3A Duke Street & 226 The Strand
The developer of Robinson Landing (formerly known as Robinson Terminal South), EYA, invites the public to a meeting at City Hall (301 King Street) in the first floor Sister Cities Room (room 1101) at 6:30 PM on Wednesday, July 6, 2016. The purpose of the meeting is to discuss the first phase of development activities.
The Robinson Landing project, designed by Shalom Baranes Associates, is a mixed use residential community that features 26 elevator townhomes and 70 luxury condominiums with design that blends historic Old Town with the new waterfront plan. The project also includes two mixed-use buildings on the Potomac River that will feature a 5,800-square-foot restaurant and 4,800 square feet of retail. There is also planned a multifamily building at Wolfe and South Union streets, and the rehabilitation and restoration of the historic 2 Duke Street building. There will be a new pier, a boardwalk promenade, and retail and amenity spaces fronting the river.
The first phase, scheduled to begin in mid-July 2016, consists of the following:
- Abatement of the property (Scheduled to begin late this week or early next week)
- Demolition of the existing above grade structures
- Grading of the properties to address floodplain issues
- Utility relocation.
A second community meeting will be held next year to discuss the second phase of development which consists of excavation of the property for the below grade parking garages and construction activities for the new buildings. This second phase is planned to commence sometime in Spring of 2017.
The overall schedule of development activities for the project include:
- Summer 2016: Demolition
- Fall 2016: Import fill by barge
- Winter 2016/Spring 2017: Archeological work
- Spring/Summer 2017: Excavation/export by barge
- Summer 2017/Fall 2019: Construction phase
- Summer 2019: Robinson Landing opens to the public