For our Afternoon Links, we scanned the local papers, blogs, and news websites for a roundup of news and opinion from Alexandria, Virginia and around the area. Here are five (5) news items that caught our eye.
In the News
- You may have seen brine trucks on Wednesday and Thursday in Northern Virginia, or maybe those white, salty lines on the road that portend winter storms. [WaPo]
- A judge is allowing Virginia to join a lawsuit challenging President Donald Trump’s travel ban. [WTOP]
- Around 100 protesters from faith groups and other community organizations protested last Sunday in Old Town against the self-proclaimed “alt-right” movement’s new headquarters in the city. [Alexandria Times]
- U.S. Sen. Tim Kaine will be among those honored Feb. 10 at this year’s Dunbar Alexandria-Olympic Boys and Girls Club annual fundraiser. [Alexandria Gazette]
- Amid the blocks of bustling King Street, a new factory is preparing to open. But it doesn’t need an industrial permit to hawk its wares. [Alexandria Gazette]
Tweet of the Day
Today is National Go Red for Women Day.
— GoRedForWomen (@GoRedForWomen) February 3, 2017
(Feature photo via Harold Neal, on Flickr)