In honor of Jerry Garcia’s 75th birthday, the Grateful Dead come alive this week in Alexandria, Virginia with several local D.C. area acts performing a very special tribute to the Dead’s extensive music catalog. The Grateful Dead remains one of the most innovative and tech-savvy bands in pop history and were San Francisco’s most representative rock band in the 1960s, when that city was at the center of a musical revolution.
Here is the list for Grateful Dead Week in Alexandria (sample of the Scott Fallon Experience playing the Dead’s ‘Working Man above – see flier below).
- Wednesday, August 2 – Big Fat Daddy plays the Light Horse in Old Town, Alexandria, Virginia (9:00 PM).
- Thursday, August 3 – Join Fiona’s Irish Pub in Kingstowne for ‘Dead Happy Hour DJ’s’
- Friday, August 4 – Gregg Park & Scott Fallon play Murphy’s Irish Pub in Old Town (9:00 PM).
- Saturday, August 5 – The Joe Chiocca Band plays King Street Blues (9:00 PM).
- Saturday, August 5 – Join the Scott Fallon ‘Free Flowing Musical Experience’ at Chadwicks on the Alexandria waterfront for a Jerry Garcia birthday celebration (8:00 PM).
For more information on live music in Alexandria, visit this link.
— Scott Fallon (@scottfallon15) July 31, 2017