Nighttime lane closures, including intermittent full closures, on the Dulles Toll Road and Dulles Airport Access Road at Route 7 will occur from Sunday, Aug. 27 through Monday, Sept. 11 in order to install bridge beams, according to the Virginia Department of Transportation.
Single-lane and multi-lane closures on the Dulles Toll Road and Dulles Airport Access Road will take place each night between 7 p.m. and 5 a.m. There will also be total stoppages lasting up to 20 minutes at a time each night between midnight and 5 a.m.
The schedule is as follows, weather permitting:
- Sunday night, Aug. 27 and Monday night, Aug. 28: Westbound and eastbound Dulles Airport Access Road, and eastbound Dulles Toll Road
- Tuesday night, Aug. 29 and Wednesday night, Aug. 30: Eastbound Dulles Toll Road
- Thursday night, Aug. 31: Eastbound Dulles Airport Access Road
- Wednesday night, Sept. 6 and Thursday night, Sept. 7: Westbound Dulles Airport Access Road and westbound Dulles Toll Road
- Friday night, Sept. 8: Westbound and eastbound Dulles Airport Access Road
- Monday night, Sept. 11 and Tuesday night, Sept. 12: Westbound Dulles Toll Road
Drivers should expect delays and are advised to use alternate routes.
The work is part of the Route 7 over Dulles Toll Road project, which is scheduled for completion in spring 2018.