This weekend (Saturday, December 30, and Sunday, December 31) most Metrorail lines will run on a regular weekend schedule. The only exception is the Red Line, where trains will run every 8-15 minutes as Metro’s leak-mitigation project continues.
- Regular weekend service on Yellow and Green lines
- Trains every 24 minutes on Orange, Silver and Blue lines with Silver Line trains between Wiehle-Reston East and Ballston on Saturday only. Regular weekend service on Sunday
- Trains every 8-15 minutes on the Red Line
- Sunday, December 31, Metrorail will open at 8:00 a.m. and close at 2:00 a.m.
- Monday, January 1, 2018, Metrorail will open at 8:00 a.m. and close at 11:00 p.m.
Trains will operate on a Sunday schedule on both days, off-peak fares will be in effect and parking will be free at Metro-operated facilities.