Some ‘Did you knows’ about chocolate on National Chocolate Cake Day:
- In America, chocolate was mostly a drink until the 1840’s.
- The history of chocolate cake goes back to 1764, when Dr. James Baker discovered how to make chocolate by grinding cocoa beans.
- A popular Philadelphia cookbook author, Eliza Leslie, published the earliest recorded chocolate cake recipe in 1847.
- The first boxed cake mix was created by a company called O. Duff and Sons in the late 1920s.
- Betty Crocker released their first dry cake mixes in 1947.
Check out this great recipe I have used before and other some perfect examples of chocolate perfection!
Celebrate chocolate cake today by whipping up your favorite chocolate cake recipe and sharing it on our Facebook page.
How do you celebrate? Who’s got the BEST chocolate cakes in Alexandria, Virginia? Some favorites that come to mind are the chocolate cupcakes from Alexandria Cupcake, the Big-A** chocolate cake at Society Fair, and the Chocolate Bomb cake at Sweet Fire Donna’s. What are your favorites?
Sound off in the comments below.