In the 1950’s, Alexandria, Virginia annexed some of Fairfax County which eventually became the West End of Alexandria, Virginia. As such, Alexandria’s population grew quickly in size and the need grew for a new Police HQ. In 1959, the Police headquarters moved its City Hall location on North Fairfax Street into the expanded headquarters at 400 N Pitt Street in the Old Town North neighborhood. The facility was the first facility in Alexandria built specifically as a Police headquarters and included an expanded jail.
What does this block look like now?