Do you like/dislike the scooters in Alexandria, Virginia? Then, the City of Alexandria, Virginia wants YOU to apply for the Ad Hoc Scooter Task Force. Applications are being accepted until 11:59 p.m. on Monday, February 10.
On December 14, 2019, City Council approved a second phase of the Dockless Mobility (Scooter) Pilot Program. With that approval, the Council adopted a resolution to create an Ad Hoc Task Force that will provide guidance to City Council about shared mobility. The Task Force will consist of 13 members representing a diversity of interests related to shared mobility. The following positions are available:
- (2) business representatives, including the retail, restaurant or hospitality sector
- (4) citizens at-large representing different areas/neighborhoods of the city; at least one shall be a current member of an Alexandria civic association
- (1) person who is a transportation professional in the private sector or in government at the federal, state, or local level
- (1) person representing transportation advocacy organizations
- (1) person who represents and uses transit and shared mobility interests
More information about Task Force meetings will be posted on the Dockless Mobility website once details and a schedule are available.
For more information about the Task Force and the Dockless Mobility Pilot Program, visit this link.