Looking for events in the Alexandria, Virginia area? Alexandria, Virginia offers a wide range of events, from music concerts to food festivals to museum displays, exhibits and family fun. Use our listings of Alexandria featured and ongoing events to find the perfect activity for you and/or your family.
- This event has passed.
Absentee Voting in Old Town Alexandria
October 31, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 8:00 am, repeating until November 1, 2018
Alexandrians who qualify to vote absentee for the November 6 General Election may cast an absentee ballot in person at the Charles E. Beatley Jr. Central Library (5005 Duke St.) or the Alexandria Voter Registration Office (132 N. Royal St.).
Many Alexandria voters are eligible to vote absentee, for example, if they are:
- Away from Alexandria on Election Day for work, personal business, vacation, or school.
- Working and commuting for 11 or more hours, between 6 a.m. and 7 p.m., on Election Day.
- Physically unable to go to the polls because of an illness or disability.
- A caregiver for a confined family member.
- A “first responder” (firefighter, law enforcement, emergency medical technician, search and rescue).
- Active duty military (or a spouse or dependent of someone serving in the military).
- An authorized representative of a political party or candidate (serving inside the polling place).
ABSENTEE VOTING IN PERSON
To cast an in-person absentee ballot, go to one of the sites listed below during the scheduled hours. The deadline for casting an absentee ballot in person is Saturday, November 3, at 5 p.m.
Charles E. Beatley Jr. Central Library, 5005 Duke St.:
- Saturday, October 27, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Monday, October 29, 1 – 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 30, 1 – 8 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 31,1 – 8 p.m.
- Thursday, November 1,1 – 8 p.m.
- Friday, November 2,1 – 5 p.m.
- Saturday, November 3,10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Office of Voter Registrations and Elections, 132 N. Royal St., #100:
- Saturday, October 27, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Monday, October 29, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 30, 8 a.m.- 8 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 31, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Thursday, November 1, 8 a.m.- 8 p.m.
- Friday, November 2, 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.
- Saturday, November 3, 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.
ABSENTEE VOTING BY MAIL
The deadline to apply for an absentee ballot by mail is Tuesday, October 30. Applications must be received in the Voter Registration Office on that day by 5 p.m.
Voters may submit absentee ballot applications online at vote.elections.virginia.gov. They may also get paper applications at alexandriava.gov/Elections, or by contacting the Alexandria Voter Registration Office at 703.746.4050.
WHAT’S ON THE BALLOT?
In Alexandria, the November 6 ballot includes U.S. Senate and House of Representatives, Alexandria Mayor, City Council and School Board and two proposed amendments to the Virginia Constitution.
For complete information on this election, including sample ballots, voting districts, precinct maps and photo ID requirements, visit alexandriava.gov/Elections.
For more information, contact Anna Leider, General Registrar, Office of Voter Registration at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703.746.4050.